This Frozen Meyer Lemon Margarita is one of our favorite cocktails to serve in our summer outdoor gatherings. We always get compliments for the best margaritas ever!! It’s really just a typical margarita recipe, but Meyer Lemons make all the difference!
Some links in my posts may be affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you purchase items by clicking on these links. I will always disclose when a product in a post has been gifted by a company as well as when a post or product is sponsored.
I love using Meyer Lemons in my recipes. Just last week I made this Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake for our anniversary. These lemons are less acidic than regular lemons and a bit sweeter which makes them the perfect candidate for using in the kitchen if you like citrus flavors.
I especially love making lemonade or cocktails with Meyer Lemons. Honestly, I have plenty of good things to say about these lemons. The only downside is that they’re a bit more expensive than regular ones.
It was so hot when I was taking pictures of the drink that the salt was sliding down the cup with the condensation:). I couldn’t wait to finish taking pictures before I could enjoy a sip myself.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- While I enjoy this specific margarita with Meyer Lemons, you can replace them with regular lemons or a mix between lemons and lime. Adjust agave to make the drink as sweet as you like.
- Use coarse salt for the rim. Usually I place a tablespoon of coarse salt in a round, flat shallow plate. Slide a slice of lemon around the edge of the cup then dip the cup in the salt to create the rim, sometimes I even rotate the cup a bit in the salt to make the rim thicker. I love a lot of salt!!! One day I would love to get this Margarita Rimmer or something similar for my home bar:).
- Use agave syrup or honey to sweeten the drink.
- A good tequila makes all the difference!!
- A powerful blender will make your drink very smooth!! When I make just one serving I use this blender and when I make a big batch I use this other one.
- I love adding Cointreau to make this drink. If you don’t have any on hand, any orange syrup will do. In the absence of both, add some lemon zest to the blender before you blend everything. It’ll add that complex bitter flavor. Just a hint, but it makes all the difference.
Frozen Lemon Meyer Margarita
- 2 ozs tequila
- 1 ozs Cointreau or orange liquor
- 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp coarse salt or flaky not table salt
- 1 tbsp agave syrup adjust to taste
- Squeeze Meyer Lemons. Usually I squeeze 1.5 lemons and slice the other half.
- Add ice, tequila, Meyer Lemon juice, agave syrup, Cointreau, just a pinch of salt to blender. Blend until smooth, add more ice if needed and blend again.
- Add salt on a round, shallow plate. Slide a slice of lemon around the rim of a glass. Dip the rim of the glass in salt, rotate so the whole rim gets coated with salt. Pour frozen drink on the cup and garnish with a slice of lemon.
- Serve right away! Enjoy, Cheers:)
- I can’t say it enough how the quality of tequila and blender make a big difference for this drink.
If you would like to save this recipe for later, please pin the below image to Pinterest. Feel free to tag me in social media with pictures if you made the drink:). Or send me any questions in comments below.
Additional Drinks Recipes
Feel free to check out all my drink recipes at my Drinks Category. Some of the most notable ones are listed below:
- Frozen Watermelon Margarita
- Moscow Mule Caipiroska
- Low Carb Blood Orange Vodka Cocktail
- Mango, Passion Fruit Rum Cocktail