What’s better than a frozen Watermelon Margarita by the pool on a hot summer day? It’s just perfection!! Cheers!!
Some links in my posts may be affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you purchase items by clicking on these links. I will always disclose when a product in a post has been gifted by a company as well as when a post or product is sponsored.
My Love for Margaritas!!
I didn’t have a chance to try Margaritas until I moved to Miami 20 years ago. I can say that it is one of my favorite drinks. For a long time, I had the classic margarita, either frozen or on the rocks but why mess with perfection right? So I refused to try any new flavors because the classic was just perfect.
But then I got to try Strawberry, Raspberry and Watermelon margaritas and OMG!! Each one was perfect and I had to learn to make them at home.
How To Make Frozen Watermelon Margarita?
Well, you’ll need watermelon to start:)). And tequila. If you have these 2 ingredients, the rest you can adjust, substitute or even do without.
- You can juice the watermelon and then add ice to blender. Or cut the watermelon in cube shape, place on a bowl that you can cover, freeze and that will help you not have to juice the watermelon. I prefer freezing the watermelon. However, if you have to make margaritas in a pinch and you don’t have the frozen watermelon, juicing and ice cubes work just fine.
- Rimming with Salt or Sugar – well this will have to be your choice!! I’m the person that asks for extra salt, lots of salt when I order a margarita. However, when it comes to watermelon margarita I love a little sugar rim. This time I used this Golden Sugar I recently found in my local grocery store. It makes the drink so pretty and the sugar is less processed.
- Simple Syrup, Triple Sec – I don’t use simple syrup, if I need to make my margarita sweeter, I add some honey or agave to the blender. I do use triple sec, I feel it adds some dimension to the taste.
- Lime juice – I love adding 1-2 tbsps of lime juice to the blend.
- Garnish with lime slices or watermelon slices. Add salt or sugar to the rim.
Frozen Watermelon Margarita
- 1 cup frozen watermelon chunks
- 2 ozs tequila quality matters
- 1 ozs triple sec
- 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
- sugar for rimming you can use salt too
- 1 slice Watermelon garnish for garnishing the cup
- pinch salt (optional)
- Cut watermelon carefully. Slice it cube it and store it in the refrigerator. Separate a slice of watermelon for garnishing the margarita (1 per cup) and a cup of watermelon chunks to freeze.
- Freeze watermelon chunks for the margarita. Depending on the bowl or container you use, it can take about 2hrs to freeze.
- Blend frozen watermelon with tequila, triple sec, lime juice. Add a pinch of salt (optional). You can adjust consistency by adding more ice if needed. Use a good quality blender for a smooth frozen drink.
- Slide a slice of lime around the rim and then dim the rim of the glass in a shallow plate with sugar or salt (up to you).
- Pour blended margarita on the cup. Garnish with watermelon slice (or lime slice). Serve right away!!
- If you’re in a pinch and don’t have all ingredients – just blending frozen watermelon and tequila will still give you a decent drink to satisfy the craving. The recipe just helps give it that special touch that you feel like you are really in a resort!
- Calories are estimated.
If you would like to save this recipe for later, please save the below image to Pinterest. Feel free to contact me in social media or comments below if you have any questions or want to show off your drink:). Please drink responsibly!!
If you like cocktails like I do, then feel free to check out some of my other recipes. Some are ethnic recipes, some more mainstream:).
- Christmas Coconut Cocktail
- Blood Orange Vodka Cocktail
- Acai Caipiroska and many more recipes in my Drinks section:)