This frozen Mango Passion Fruit Rum Cocktail is the perfect poolside summer drink:). It’s like a boozie summer treat. And we all need a treat this summer!!
Some links in my posts may be affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you purchase items by clicking on these links. I will always disclose when a product in a post has been gifted by a company as well as when a post or product is sponsored.
Frozen Tropical Rum Cocktail
This frozen tropical rum cocktail is definitely one of my favorites to sip outdoors. The combination of mango and passion fruit is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Add coconut rum and you got a winner:)
Passion Fruit (Maracuya) Mocktail
I use frozen passion fruit and fresh mango for the cocktail recipe. I usually buy the frozen passion fruit pulp from my local grocery store. It comes in a package of 14 ozs or sometimes in a bigger bag but lots of individual 2 ozs frozen packages inside. Below is the one my store offers. I use the same frozen passion fruit pulp to prepare a passion fruit mousse!!
I use 4 ozs of this package for the actual cocktail. Then I blend the remaining frozen pulp with ice and water (enough for a pitcher) for a passion fruit refreshing drink the whole family can enjoy.
Recipe Notes & Tips
This tropical cocktail is very easy to prepare. It only needs 3 ingredients. You blend them together on a quality blender and you got your drink:).
Try to use a fresh mango for this drink. Frozen mango is not so sweet and not that juicy, so that changes the balance of the flavor by a lot. However, if you don’t have fresh, ripe mango then it’s ok to use frozen. In that case you might have to balance out by adding a little sweetener of your choice and few tbsps of water to facilitate the blending.
Mango Passion Fruit (Maracuya) Rum Cocktail
- 1 fresh, ripe mango
- 4 ozs frozen passion fruit (maracuya), pulp
- 2 ozs coconut rum
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 2-3 tbsps water
- Make sure mango is ripe. Cut mango into cubes and place into blender. Cut 4 ozs (about ⅓ of the frozen package) , break it in half and then place both pieces into the blender as well.
- I prefer using coconut rum, it really compliments the mango and passion fruit flavors. Add 2 ozs of coconut rum into the blender
- Add ice and water if needed, 2-3 ice cubess and 2-3 tbsps of water. I only add water if mango is not juicy.
- Blend all the ingredients together. Then pour into a cocktail glass. Enjoy :))
If you would like to save this recipe for later on, please save the below image to Pinterest. Feel free to tag me in social media with your version of this recipe:)). Cheers! P.S. Would you call this cocktail a Daiquiri or a Slushie? Let me know in comments below!!
More Cocktail Recipes
I got you covered with different cocktail recipes. Please only check out these recipes if you are over 21 year old in USA or your country’s legal age for drinking.
- Pomegranate Raki Cocktail
- Singani Cocktail (Chuflay)
- Blood Orange Vodka
- Acai Strawberry Caipiroska