This Spinach Oat Milk Smoothie is the best green smoothie for a breakfast on the go or mid-morning snack. It’s also easily customizable for different nutritious needs of my family members!
Some links in my posts may be affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you purchase items by clicking on these links. I will always disclose when a product in a post has been gifted by a company as well as when a post or product is sponsored.
We love Smoothies!!
As a family we love smoothies. We live in South Florida and it’s hot most of the time. It’s very refreshing to enjoy a cold, almost frozen smoothie on the go. My personal favorite it’s this Dragon Fruit, Mango Smoothie.
This year specifically, we are consuming more smoothies than usual. My son started school 2 weeks ago and this year we are still on remote learning (if you’re reading this years from now, yes I wrote this post in 2020…). He’s such a trooper for being so many hours online learning and interacting for 6 hours at his age. Halfway through between breakfast and lunch, he always asks me for a smoothie so I usually throw together something with fruits and milk from what I have available.
My son loved this Spinach Oat Milk smoothie so much that I decided to share with you all. It’s very simple, just put all ingredients in the blender, blend and serve.
Tips and Substitutions
Here are some substitions and tips to make this smoothie:
- Milk – you can use regular milk, almond milk, coconut milk or oat milk for this smoothie. That’s up to personal preference.
- Protein – I add 1-2 scoops of protein, more ice and replace oat milk with almond milk for my husband. This makes this into a green protein smoothie.
- My daughter doesn’t like the citrus flavor so I skip orange for her and make her smoothie with just regular milk, spinach and banana.
- Blender makes all the difference so smoothie looks a homogenous green instead of minced green. I use this blender for my individual size smoothies.
- Banana sweetens the smoothie and makes it easier to pack a lot of spinach in it. Also, you can freeze the banana ahead of making the smoothie so you can add less ice and more fruit or vegetables.
- This recipe as described in the recipe card below is Vegan and Gluten Free.
Spinach Oat Milk Green Smoothie
- 1 cup oat milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 banana better if frozen, but fresh would do too
- 1 orange
- 2-3 ice cubes (if needed)
- Freeze the banana ahead of the time you need to make the smoothie. If you can't, just add more ice when you blend.
- Peel orange and squeeze onto the blender cup. Peel banana and add to the cup too.
- Add oat milk and ice. Start adding spinach slowly until the blender cup is filled (I use a single serving blender for this). This is the time to add more ingredients as desired (additional sweeteners, protein etc).
- Blend for a minute or two until smoothie is all blended and creamy. Adjust with more ice or few tbsps of water if needed. Blend again.
- Serve in your favorite cup. Enjoy:)
- Add protein if you want to make it into a green protein smoothie.
- Freeze banana ahead of time.
If you would like to save this recipe for later, please pin the below image to Pinterest so you can easily retrieve the recipe later. Let me know if you have any questions:).
Instagram: mediterranean_latin_love or Twitter: MediterrLatin or Facebook: Mediterranean Latin Love Affair.
Feel free to browse my blog for other recipes
This spinach oat milk smoothie is delicious, The oat milk is a discovery, so delicious!
For me too, I didn’t even know oat milk existed but it’s been a pleasant surprise:))
I usually drink spinach smoothie throughout the summer, my recipe is cucumber, green apple and lemon spinach, I feel that it is a juice full of light and that nourishes me, thanks for sharing this recipe because I will try it from now on
Anne Marie Leon
Que buena forma de empezar el día con este green smoothie, love it! Thank you for the recipe.
Are you adding the orange or just the juice from the orange?
Hi Mary, just the freshly squeezed juice from 1 orange. Thank you:)))
We have been trying different smoothies at home, this green smoothie sounds delicios and healthy. Hopefully my kid love it since she’s so picky.
I love this spinach green smoothie Sonila! Thank you for your inspiration, I had no idea I could use oat milk!!