Do you ever skip breakfast because you don’t have enough time? This Mango Chia Pudding can be your solution. It’s quick to prepare and tastes delicious, plus you can add a check mark on the healthy food too. We love this breakfast recipe!!
If you are a mango lover like me you can check out my other mango recipes like this mango gelato or mango dragon fruit smoothie. I also have a mango cheesecake with oreo crust that is soooo delicious!
Chia Seeds Pudding
I used to eat chia seeds with yogurt, fruits and nuts. But once I saw a chia pudding on TV, I was like Oh I have to have that!! Seriously, whoever came up with this pudding has made life easier for a lot of people.
So you only need two ingredients for the basic recipe: chia seeds and milk!! That’s it!! Let’s talk about the ingredients a little bit.
- chia seeds – chia seeds are not sweet, they expand a little when mixed with milk and become soft, gel like.
- milk – you can use regular milk, 2 % milk, coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk etc etc. It’s totally up to you and your dietary preferences.
Chia puddings often have a sweetener like maple syrup, honey or agave syrup. You can add other ingredients like syrups or vanilla in the mix to alter the flavor to you liking.
Do you mix mango in the pudding or do you use it only as topping?
You can choose to mix some of the mango with the chia seeds and milk or you can use mango only as topping. It’s totally up to you!!
As a family we prefer to add it as a topping and it’s helpful for me since it makes the prep time shorter.
Refrigerating chia pudding
So I tend to mix chia, milk and maple syrup in a mason jar then refrigerate it overnight. Next morning, I pour it over granola and top off with fresh mangoes. That’s how easy it is it make this mango chia pudding.
You don’t really need to let it refrigerate overnight, 1-2 hours it’s more than enough. But if you’re eating it for breakfast, then overnight works great.
Once you ready to serve the mango chia pudding, get the chia mix mason jar from the refrigerator. Add some granola in your cup. Top it off with the chia pudding mix and then top off with fresh mangoes or other fruits to your taste!! Enjoy:)
Mango Chia Pudding
- 1 mason jar
- 4 tbsps chia seeds
- 1 cup milk pick milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsps granola
- 1 mango
- Mix chia seeds, milk and maple syrup in a mason jar. Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hrs to overnight.
- Next morning, add granola over a serving cup. Pour chia pudding on top of granola.
- Cut fresh mango in cubes or bite size pieces, add mango over chia pudding. Serve right away:). Enjoy!!
- Chill overnight or for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator.
While you might have to consult with a dietitian and your family doctor to check if chia pudding is healthy for you, in general chia seeds and chia pudding are considered healthy for heart health and maintaining low glucose levels.
You can mix chia seeds with yogurt to make a breakfast parfait and add fruits to it. Also, you can include chia seeds in baked goods like bread or muffins. You can add them to smoothies or soups.
If you would like to save this recipe for future reference, please save the below image to your boards in Pinterest. Let me know in comments if you have any questions! Feel free to tag me in social media with your pictures of this recipe:).
I have a lot more mango recipes for you to check out:))
- Mango and Passion Fruit Rum Cocktail
- Skillet Chicken topped with Mango Salsa
- Mango Mousse
- Mango Popsicles
- Mango Jam