This yogurt based Garlic & Cilantro Dip can be used as a dip or a sauce. If made a little thinner, it can be used as a dressing as well. We mainly use it as a dip for fried yucca. If you love garlic, double up the recipe because you’ll need more:).
Some links in my posts may be affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you purchase items by clicking on these links. I will always disclose when a product in a post has been gifted by a company as well as when a post or product is sponsored.
Pollo Tropical Dip
Here in Florida we have a fast food chain with Caribbean inspired food called Pollo Tropical. They have some delicious rice bowl and chicken based dishes, but my favorite is their garlic sauce. I obviously can’t replicate that, but anytime I crave it I make this Greek yogurt, garlic and cilantro dip to satisfy my cravings.
Recipe Tips & Notes
I made a short video to show how to make this dip, it’s much faster to show it that way. Enjoy this dip with fried yucca or fries. You can refrigerate the leftovers for later, however we consume it within 24 hrs all the time so I never have leftovers for too long.
The food processor I use in the video is a small, old version of this processor.
If yogurt is too thick, you can add few tbsps of water and use this dip as a dressing for a salad if you like strong garlic flavor in your salad.
I was born in the Mediterranean, so whenever someone says add 2 garlic cloves we add 5. We love garlic, olive oil and Greek yogurt!! It’s ingrained in our genetics:). However, not everyone likes garlic so much. So you might want to add less garlic to start with then add more as needed.
I used cilantro from my garden for this dip:). I cook with a lot of herbs, cilantro, parsley, dill, basil etc. So I love it that I can grow some of these in my backyard. I honestly know nothing about gardening but the herbs & tomatoes are growing ok.
Garlic, Cilantro & Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 0.5 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 key limes (or 1 regular lime)
- 3 tbsps olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsps fresh cilantro
- Use a small blender or electric food processor.
- Chop the cilantro and clean the garlic cloves.
- Add greek yogurt to food processor. Then add salt & olive oil.
- Add cilantro & garlic. If you think 4 cloves might be too much, start with 2 and increase slowly. We love the taste to be very strong for this dip.
- Then cut key limes in half, remove seeds and squeeze over the food processor.
- Close the lid and blend well for a minute or so. Stop processing, open the lid check that the mixture is consistent and all ingredients are blended together. Use a spoon to push any unmixed ingredients into the dip. Close and blend for few more seconds.
- Pour over a serving dish. Serve with fried yucca or any other dish of your choice! Enjoy:)
If you would like to save this recipe for later, please pin the below image to Pinterest. Feel free to tag me in Social Media if you made the dip and show me how you’re serving it:). Thank you!!
Instagram: mediterranean_latin_love or Twitter: MediterrLatin or Facebook: Mediterranean Latin Love Affair.
Thank you so much Rory!!! Hope you enjoy it:)). Now you gave me an idea, yumm arepas:))
Yum! Cilantro and garlic are my favorite duo! Can’t wait to try this yogurt dip with garlic, cilantro and lime with arepas. R
This dip look so delicious! Simple ingredients by this type of Dip can make a difference in our table for our family gatherings. Thanks for the recipe
Thank you Jenny!! Yes, I was trying to go for something simple & delicious:))
FABIOLA S ACOSTA
Sonila, I love your recipes and videos. This amazing garlic and cilantro dip is perfect to prepare this weekend for my Pascua Brunch. I love all dips with yogurt. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much Fabi:)). Enjoy your brunch!!
I love cilantro dip, especially with yuca fries. Yum!
Thank you Vanessa!! They’re perfect with yucca:))