These Pumpkin Seeds No Bake Cookies are delicious bursts of energy filled with oats, chocolate chips, peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin spice, almonds and more:)). Truly great snack bites for the whole family!!
The past few months have been crazy busy for my family of 4. We went from working and studying at home for about 1 year and half to suddenly being on the go all day long. We were spoiled by snacking when we wanted in between zoom calls and eating meals at proper times. Now we run between 2 school drop offs, work, 2 pickups and afternoon sports.
The idea for these energy bites was my husband’s, I have to give him full credit for this recipe. He asked if it was possible to put some of these ingredients together and make energy bites. These pumpkin seeds no bake cookies came together in few minutes!! I froze them for 30 minutes and they were ready. Boom, amazing burst of energy, delicious too, ready at my fingertips. Keep refrigerated after freezing or in an airtight container when on the go.
Pumpkin Seeds & Pumpkin Spice
Well, it’s Fall season:). Everything has pumpkin in it nowadays! The good thing about pumpkin seeds and pumpkin spice is that they’re not overpowering in flavor and they’re available all year long. If you don’t have pumpkin spice, add cinnamon & nutmeg instead.
Pumpkin seeds also have lots of health benefits, they’re high in antioxidants, magnesium and fiber.
Tips & Notes
There’s not a lot of tips for this recipe since it’s easily customizable and you can even swap ingredients.
- Peanut Butter – you can use any nut butter you like, pick a good quality one, it makes a difference. I would get creamy nut butter and one that has plenty of oil in it because this nut butter acts as the binding agent for the cooking. If the jar has been opened a while, the peanut butter might be a little thick so it’ll be hard for it to be loose enough to bind the rest of the ingredients.
- Chocolate chips – pick small morsels. Dark chocolate chips are delicious. Be careful with how sweet they are so you can balance the sweet factor overall. I do add maple syrup to this recipe too so be mindful of total ‘sugar’ in the cookie.
- Avocado oil – if peanut butter is too thick or cookies are still difficult to roll together, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil to help bind and roll the cookies.
- Freeze for 30 minutes – well at least 30 minutes frozen, then it’s ok to refrigerate.
Hope you enjoy these energy bites as much as we do:).
Pumpkin Seeds No Bake Cookies
- Add rolled oats, chocolate chips, sliced almonds and pumpkin seeds on a bowl.
- Then add cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Finally top with vanilla extract, maple syrup and peanut butter. Use a spatula to mix everything together. Make sure peanut butter is not cold and the thinner it is, the better.
- If mix is difficult to roll together, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Use a small ice cream scooper, grab and roll each cookie individually into a sphere. Place them in a platter, not touching.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then you can refrigerate. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy:)
- You can add other ingredients like flax seeds or other types of nuts.
If you would like to save this recipe for later, please save the below image to your boards in Pinterest. Let me know in comments if you have any questions or feel free to tag me in social media if you made these cookies.