This Festive Moscow Mule Caipiroska with Açai juice and fresh Strawberries is the perfect cocktail for any Holiday get togethers. The tropical flavors mixed with ice and vodka make for the perfect light, sweet and refreshing drink!Jump to Recipe
Some links in my posts may be affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you purchase items by clicking on these links. I will always disclose when a product in a post has been gifted by a company as well as when a post or product is sponsored.
Before I go into detail how to prepare this refreshing cocktail, let me take few steps back and explain what Moscow Mule and Caipiroska are. Feel free to read on or skip straight to the recipe.
What Is Caipiroska?
Caipiroska is the vodka cocktail version of the famous Brazilian drink called Caipirinha. Traditional Caipirinha, also known as Brazil’s national drink, is made with cachaça liquor (distilled alcoholic drink) lime and sugar. Replace cachaça with vodka and you got yourself a Caipiroska!! As these 2 drinks are taking the World in stride one country at a time, most chefs are getting creative and adding more fruits and flavors to create additional cocktails. Hope you like my açai strawberry caipiroska🙂
If you are wondering how to pronounce caipiroska, the best way I can do that in writing is kai-pi-ro-ska!
The word Roska means Russian so in Caipirinha, they replaced the ending to Roska and made it Caipiroska because the drink is made with Vodka.
Here in Miami, you can find both drinks in plenty of bars and restaurants.
What Is Moscow Mule?
Moscow Mule is often the term referring to an old vodka cocktail made with lime, ice and ginger beer. It’s served in a copper cup over ice. But as the drink’s popularity goes up and down through the years, now the term Moscow Mule is being used in mostly all cocktails served with a copper cup. You just have to specify what type of cocktail it is:). I try to refrain using the term only to vodka drinks.
Moscow Mule Caipiroska Recipe Notes
Ok so recipe is very simple, you can see it below. But I wanted to share some thoughts and notes about this recipe with you:).
- Açai juice – a lot of people just write it as acai because that ç with the squiggly line is not the easiest letter to type:). It’s delicious, full of anti-oxidants and low in carbs. To me it tastes like a mix of berries, a bit tart, little sweet. These qualities made it the perfect juice candidate for my cocktail.
- Vodka – the vodka quality makes a whole difference in a vodka cocktail. Find your favorite brand for this drink!
- Big Batch – below recipe is for one cocktail only. I’ve prepared it before for 8 people in a pitcher. So for a pitcher I added lots of ice. Then I just shaked vodka, more ice and Açai, poured it in the pitcher. I cut up lots of strawberries and filled the rest of the pitcher up. It looked like a pretty light purple sangria with strawberries. I let everyone pour in their cups and had rosemary twigs and sugarcane stirrers for decorations on the table they could pick up.
- Rosemary or sugarcane – I like both. But when I serve for holidays or any parties from October to December I like to use rosemary twig because the green-red contrast is very festive.
- Low-Carb Cocktail – The original caipiroska is muddled sugar, lime and vodka over ice. But I noticed that when my husband ordered few times he always asked for them to cut the sugar in half and at some point he would ask for no sugar at all in order to make it as low carb as possible. That is why I don’t use any sugar for this drink, but feel free to add some if you like your drinks sweeter. To me the sweetness from Açai was enough and don’t need additional sugar added.
- Copper cup – you don’t have to spend on copper cups just to enjoy this drink. The cupper cup keeps the drink cooler, refreshing longer but you can enjoy in your favorite glass. If you’re going to get copper cups, be sure to get one with lining that is safe for food.
- Soda & Fizzy drinks – if you like sparkling drinks, you can lower the amount of acai juice and add a little bit of your favorite sparkling drink. I would go for a lemon soda or lemon flavor to compliment the tartness of acai.
- Enjoy Responsibly – it’s a light drink, but it’s still need to be said:).
Moscow Mule Caipiroska with Açai and Strawberries
- 2 oz vodka
- ice cubes
- 5 oz Açai Juice
- 1 fresh large strawberry sliced
- rosemary twig (for decoration or stirrer)
- Shake ice, vodka and açai together.
- Pour in the copper cup or a glass of your choice.
- Wash and slice a fresh, large strawberry. Add few slices into the cocktail.
- Decorate with a rosemary twig. Can be used as a stirrer as well:).
- Cheers and enjoy responsibly!
If you would like to save this recipe in Pinterest, please pin the below image. Thank you:)). If you are a fan of caipiroska or caipirinha, feel free to share you favorite recipe in comments.
Other Cocktail Recipes
Please see below a list of some other cocktails from my blog: