Labor weekend was filled with family time, bbqs, friends and lots of get togethers. However, by Monday night I had enough of grilled anything and wasn’t very hungry. So I looked through my refrigerator, picked some ingredients and just threw them together to create the Beets and Burrata Salad.
I don’t write my recipes down, a lot of times I stumble upon something good but next time I try to replicate it it’s not quite exactly the same. So I promised myself that if I like how a new recipe came out, I’ll write it down and post it on my blog. Which means that even when I don’t come up with an elaborate recipe, I’ll still have it in the blog written down for next time I’ll need it.
I chopped beets (had boiled and cooled them the day before for a big salad to go with bbq), tomatoes, tomatoes, red peppers, celery, and green peppers. Very carefully I put the burrata on top so it wouldn’t get stained red from the beets. I don’t mind it looking red while I eat it, I just wanted a clean picture shot for my Instagram. I then decorated it with fresh basil, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt to taste. Voila, quick gourmet fresh salad at your fingertips!
This fresh beets and burrata salad is easy to make, it is refreshing and it is healthy so feel free to indulge!
Beets and Burrata Salad
- 1 beet
- 1 tomato
- 0.5 red pepper
- 0.5 green pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 burrata
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- Boil beets until you can pierce with fork. Turn heat off, cool down then peel.
- Chop beets, tomato, celery, peppers and mix them all together.
- Put burrata ball on top of the salad.
- Decorate with basil leaves, drizzle olive oil over everything and add salt to taste.
- (optional) i didn't add any onion because i had run out but i would have tried to add a little bit if i had any on hand. Feel free to try that out.